Start your taxes FREE with TurboTax Online!

How to Get a Corrected Form Mailed to You

Last Updated:
December 28, 2016

If you receive a 1099 form in the mail that contains errors. Please reach out to the company who issued you that 1099 to have them resend a new and corrected form.

If your name, business name, SSN, address or EIN are incorrect, please go into your "My Account" page to input the correct tax information. When reaching out to the company who issued you the 1099, make sure you note that your information corrections have already been made.

If the error concerns misreporting of payment amounts, again, please reach out to the company as soon as possible for them to correct it.

Pay your contractors with Payable!

$0.99 per payment

Learn more